Friday 25 March 2011

Untitled


            “… And yes brothers, her hand was indeed tepid as I-“

“Could you see her face??” exclaimed the brute from the corner.

“Let me finish you fucking oaf!” (he) swiveled his head as if to peer over his shoulder. “Get him out of my sight.” He turned his eyes upon the room once again. It was suffocating in silence as if draped over with a moth-bitten, blackened throw. Wretched scent.

“Ah yes, that’s quite right now, aye?” Raised eyebrow, he groped their confidence, as if to expect a reply. The rumor had spread, unto those which gazed upon such eye were to drown in tears. Once heard of it myself, to which I exclaimed “I wouldn’t believe it if I witnessed it!” How petty, I suppose….

(he) dropped his right hand toward the dish placed upon the lectern, not once disengaging his grip from the crowd, for yet it still stood gasping in his grasp. I suppose, a fly’s scratching wings would set his image ajar to which he would simply snatch it from flight and devour it briskly. Such would happen to the Swine from the corner, I reckon.

From what I am able to recall this day, the room had its gaze fixed away from him.  All but myself for I was oddly enough, fixed upon his hair. His hairline was receding my friends! ‘Resembling what exactly?’ I thought. I stood in question at my proposal, what will he perform pertaining to such an abominable flaw? At this point I gazed toward the rest of the room. Fuck sakes! They were all receding, falling back, failing to hold the line! They all looked like idiots! Ha! Surely, I didn’t laugh vocally, for certain my soul would’ve gone to the plate!

“… Her innocence most certainly was abused. Though, in her desperation and heartbreak, I assured her she had nothing left to fear.” (he) concluded.

At this point my attention was once again pierced by his lure. ‘Innocence?’ I thought. The content of the engagement had escaped me. No, rather, I couldn’t remember the last point I was engaged at all. For the time had disappeared quicker than the brute from the corner. Little could I care, for it was his fault wasn’t it? Poor fly.

2 comments:

  1. So they ate the dude in the corner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More just an assumption, an image of something more revolting. Or simply a symbol of the narrators ignorance. Definitely open to interpretation though.

    ReplyDelete